Friday 25 July 2014

Beef ragout

This week has been nephew cake making week. My mum was an amazing cake maker - she even made our wonderful wedding cake. My husband was interested in learning how to decorate cakes and mum taught him. They used to make my niece and nephews birthday cakes together. Husband has continued making the cakes. While he loves doing it and wouldn't stop for the world, each cake takes 3 nights work and a mountain of hours. So during cake week, meals become quick and easy. Often resulting in take away. I wanted home cooked meals this week. It has been a cold and long week. I wanted home comfort. So, for one night I made this Italian Beef Ragu. As normal I added more vegetables than in the recipe, and also some lentils. So easy, so quick. Served with a french breadstick (as I didn't make the piadinas) it was delicious - no leftovers, even the thermoserver was wiped clean with bread. 
Source: http://static.squarespace.com/static/51b56acee4b062dc341158ed/t/53245713e4b0d7985481d6c9/1394890521104/ (accessed 26.7.14)

No comments:

Post a Comment