Monday 30 December 2013

Mayonnaise

As the old year draws to an end and the new year begins, we are preparing our New Years Eve celebration meal in thermy. Why not, it cost a lot!

We need mayonnaise for one of tonight's salads. Mayonnaise was one of those store bought products that I struggled to get gluten free for my niece with coeliac condition. So I found a Donna Hay Basic Mayonnaise recipe that has always been a complete success. Another admission here - I love Donna Hay recipes! They are easy to prepare, tasty and elegant. 

Husband used the TM Everyday cookbook recipe. Complete disaster with curdled mayonnaise.  I don't know if it was whipped for too long (2 minutes 30 seconds) or what but it went down the sink.

I could tell husband was not happy (the comment 'I know I should have just bought some at the supermarket' was a give-away to his mindset). So I suggested we use the Donna Hay recipe https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/basics/basic-mayonnaise and the TM Everyday cookbook method. All ingredients in the bowl 20 seconds Speed 4 then add the oil very slowly through where the MC should be while the butterfly went at Speed 4 and we stopped at 2 minutes.

Complete success!!! Creamy mayo that tasted delicious. 

Source: https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/basics/basic-mayonnaise (accessed 31.12.13)


No comments:

Post a Comment