Saturday 24 May 2014

Raspberry cordial

Coridal is one of those drinks for summer, memories of fun in the sun, beaches, picnics, laughter with my mum, dad and sister. It's always been the processed bottles in the supermarket until a recent trip to the town my parents grew up in. The regional food markets were in town the weekend we were there. Juicy fresh fruit, crisp seasonal vegetables, still warm bread from the ovens, and a little store selling home made cordial. O my goodness. Delicious. Intriguing flavours of lemon myrtle and ginger, elderflower and raspberry. For my first foray into cordial making I went simple - raspberry using this unambiguous recipe. So much depth of flavour. I may end up freezing some in ice cubes as it made quite a bit. Let's see if I can source fancy flavourings for my next cordial making adventure (once we get through this lot).

No comments:

Post a Comment